Meet the Doctor
Dr. Thomas Ferrigno D.C.
As a pre-dental student at the University of San Francisco, Dr. Ferrigno suffered a serious back injury and was introduced to the amazing profession of Chiropractic. Dr. Ferrigno’s experience was enlightening, not only for the improvements in his physical health but also for the start of his academic interest as a Chiropractor. Since then, Dr. Ferrigno has never looked back and has been providing the wonderful benefits of Chiropractic care to thousands of bay area patients.
Dr. Ferrigno uses a “whole person approach” when taking care of his patients. By combining the very best hands-on-technique, state of the art diagnostic equipment, and the most advance technology and treatment procedures to date, Dr. Ferrigno is better able to help you accelerate and/or maintain your journey to good health.
Dr. Ferrigno has personally experienced two severe disc injuries and understands firsthand the severe pain and disability that results from these kinds of injuries. Because of this, Dr. Ferrigno has been specializing in the treatment and management of severe conditions such as disc herniation, sciatica, degenerative disc disease, failed back surgery and facet syndrome. With the addition of Spinal Decompression and the DRX9000, Dr. Ferrigno is able to help an entirely new group of people who in the past were faced with surgery or just pain management. Dr. Ferrigno currently runs one of the largest spinal decompression practices in the Bay Area and has performed over 30,000 decompression treatments to date. Dr. Ferrigno is only one of a few doctors in the state of California who is Nationally Certified in both Spinal Decompression Therapy and Peripheral Neuropathy. Dr. Ferrigno is also part of the Disc Centers of America Team who is a national group of doctors that have gone through extensive training that follow the protocols set up by The International Medical Advisory Board on Spinal Decompression. He is also a board member of the International Medical Advisory Board on Spinal Decompression as he has demonstrated an exemplary level of excellence in the diagnosis, treatment and management of spinal disc disorders. Bay Area Disc Centers have become the bay area leader in the treatment and management of severe disc injuries.
A native of the San Francisco Bay Area, Dr. Ferrigno is an avid fan of the Giants, the 49ers, and the Golden State Warriors. He loves all athletics and currently enjoys playing golf and lifting weights, making sure to follow his own recommendations about staying active and fit. These days his biggest joy is spending time with his new granddaughter Neva.
- 2019 – National Certification in Peripheral Neuropathy; Parker University
- 2014 – National Certification in Spinal Decompression; Parker University
- 2014 – Current Board Member on The International Medical Advisory Board on Spinal Decompression
- 2014 – Presenter at the Spinal Decompression Certification Course; Parker University
- 2011 – Completed Decompression Flight School; Manella Disc Institute
- 2002 – Certified as Qualified Medical Examiner for the state of California
- 2000 – Certification in AMA Impairment Rating and Grading
- 1990 – Completed Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (C.C.S.P.) program which consisted of 120 hours of advanced specialty training for the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
- 1989 – Received Doctor of Chiropractic license in the state of California.
- 1988 – Earned Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree graduating from Palmer College of Chiropractic West.
- 1985 – Graduated from the University of San Francisco with a Bachelor of Arts Degree.
Licensures & Certifications
- National Certification in Spinal Decompression
- National Certification in Peripheral Neuropathy
- International Advisory Board on Spinal Decompression
- California State Chiropractic License
- US National Board Certified; Chiropractic
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (C.C.S.P.)
- Radiology Supervisor and Operator’s Permit
- Certified in AMA Impairment Rating and Grading
- Qualified Medical Examiner
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and CPR Certified
Membership & Associates
- California Chiropractic Association
- Disc Centers of America
- Board Member – International Advisory Board on Spinal Decompression
Get in touch with us
Schedule a consultation, examination and MRI review for only $49.00 with Dr. Ferrigno and Bay Area Disc Centers by contacting us today. We offer exceptional disc restoration therapy using proven, non-surgical methods to relieve chronic back pain and neck pain.