Chronic Neck Pain Treatment
Your neck – or the cervical spine – is a network of nerves, bones, joints, and muscles that lead directly to the brain and spinal cord. This section of your body is designed for strength, stability, and neural communication throughout the body. Unfortunately, there are a number of issues that lead to chronic neck pain as we age or because of a recent injury. Furthermore, irritation within the nerves of the neck often leads to an immense pain that spreads outward to the shoulders, head, arms, and hands.
In many cases, neck pain will dissipate within a few days, but there are types of pain that persist for months. This type of chronic neck pain is often a symptom of an underlying medical issue, which we need to address.
Chronic Neck Pain Symptoms
Most commonly, neck pain symptoms include:
- Tingling, numbness, or weakness beginning in the neck and radiating outward toward the shoulders, arms, and fingers.
- Difficulty gripping or lifting objects.
- Issues with walking, balance, and general coordination.
- Loss of bladder or bowel control.
As you can see, chronic neck pain is extremely varied.
When it comes to chronic neck pain treatment in Campbell and San Mateo, CA, Bay Area Disc Centers is equipped and experienced to handle the problem. Even if the pain you experience is relatively minor in scale, our disc restoration therapy is proven to leave you feeling like yourself again.
Our disc restoration therapy program consists of a five-step (S.P.I.N.E.) procedure:
- Spinal Decompression – designed to rehydrate and heal the injured disc causing your neck pain.
- Physiotherapy – Utilizes electric muscle stimulation and cold laser therapy.
- Inter-segmental Mobilization – Ensures motion and function are restored to spinal joints.
- Nutritional Support – Supports improved disc health in the long-term.
- Exercise Rehabilitation – Used to stretch and strengthen the supporting core musculature.
If you suffer from chronic neck pain in Campbell or San Mateo, CA, contact Bay Area Disc Centers for a consultation appointment. You can reach us at either (408) 866-0300 (Campbell) / (650) 375-2545 (San Mateo)!