As we age, our discs can experience wear and tear. Injuries can also damage our discs. Both disc wear and tear and injuries can lead to lower back pain, stiffness, swelling or pain with the neck, and decreased mobility. Fortunately, non-surgical and non-invasive treatments can be used to complete disc restoration therapy, which is designed to help alleviate symptoms and heal spinal injuries.
Disc Restoration Therapy Can Provide Lasting Relief
There are several ways that you and your trusted doctor can treat your disc injury. The first step in treatment is to diagnose the injury and determine why it occurred. Next, a non-surgical and non-invasive treatment can be used to promote disc healing.
As part of these treatment options, your doctor will discuss appropriate and available disc restoration therapies. In fact, at Bay Area Disc Centers, we believe that it is important to explore all non-invasive options before turning to surgery. One of our most sought-after disc restoration therapies is the S.P.I.N.E. approach.
S.P.I.N.E. Treatment Is a Proven Disc Restoration Therapy
Disc restoration therapy with our 5-step S.P.I.N.E. approach is an eight-week program designed to relieve many of the chronic symptoms associated with disc injuries. These chronic symptoms can include neck pain, lower back pain, stiffness, swelling, and mobility issues. Throughout the course of treatment, patients will complete a series of five steps.
- Spinal Decompression: The first step focuses on spinal decompression to begin the healing process. This process includes re-hydrating the injured disc.
- Physiotherapy: The next step focuses on physiotherapy treatments such as cold laser therapies and electric muscle stimulation to further promote natural healing.
- Inter-segmental Mobilization: The third step relies on inter-segmental mobilization to restore motion and function.
- Nutritional Support: During the fourth step, patients learn how the right nutrition can support and promote disc health.
- Exercise Rehabilitation: The final stage focuses on exercise rehabilitation to strengthen the muscles surrounding the injured disc and spine. Upon completion, the S.P.I.N.E. approach can reduce pain, heal the injured disc, and increase daily mobility.
Begin Your Disc Therapy Treatment Today at Bay Area Disc Centers
Have you experienced an injury to your spine or discs? Are you experiencing increased levels of wear and tear along your spine? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then you shouldn’t spend another day in debilitating pain or discomfort.
At Bay Area Disc Centers, we believe that non-invasive and non-surgical methods such as our disc restoration therapy program can resolve your back pain. If you want to heal your injured disc, alleviate your suffering, and live a more mobile life, then call Bay Area Disc Centers to schedule a consultation at one of our locations in Campbell and San Mateo, California.